Partnering with childcare staff to support children in childcare programs and providing professional development for childcare staff.
- Funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)
- Free of charge
Who is this Program for?
Children from 18 months to 12 years old who are demonstrating emotional and/or behavioural challenges while participating in child care programs.
- To provide support and consultation to daycare, preschool and school-aged programs where children aged 18 months to 12 years, (primarily 18 months to 5 years), are demonstrating emotional and/or behavioural challenges.
- To support children to continue to participate actively in settings within their community.
- To work together with centre staff to increase our understanding of the program and/or a particular child/ren in order to develop strategies which foster the strength and capacity of the program as well as enhancing the children’s overall growth and emotional health.
- To work in partnership with the Vancouver Aboriginal Child Development Program, as well as the Vancouver and Richmond Supported Child Development Programs, as well as other professionals supporting childcare programs.
- To work together with parent/s and guardian/s and centre staff where child specific support is requested, making the intervention service more systemic and change for the child more sustainable.
The Family Program
To provide an intensive child and family program for preschool aged children (aged 3 to 5) demonstrating significant emotional and/or behavioural challenges, and their families.Learn More
The Supporting Healthy Transitions Program
To support and consider the emotional health and well-being of children and adults, when there is a plan for a child to move from one family to another.Learn More
Child Therapy Services
Child therapy offers children, who have experienced loss and/or trauma, an opportunity to work through, heal and resolve some of these underlying issues in a safe and therapeutic environment.Learn More