To provide an intensive child and family program for preschool aged children (aged 3 to 5) demonstrating significant emotional and/or behavioural challenges, and their families.
- Primarily funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)
- Free of charge
Who is this Program for?
Children from 3 to 5 years of age and their families
- To offer the child and family a range of supports, including a play-based preschool program that focuses on the emotional, social, cognitive and physical growth of the child.
- To build on the family’s strengths and the child/parent relationship and attachment, as well as supporting the overall growth of the child. Parent/caregiver involvement is essential and an integral part of this family program.
- To work in partnership with the child’s family, caregivers and other professionals, developing goals and a plan based on strengths and needs.
- To support children, where possible to continue to participate actively in settings within their community while participating in the preschool component of the Family Program (e.g. also attending daycare, preschool or transitioning to school).
Outreach Support Services
Partnering with childcare staff to support children in childcare programs and providing professional development for childcare staff.Learn More
The Supporting Healthy Transitions Program
To support and consider the emotional health and well-being of children and adults, when there is a plan for a child to move from one family to another.Learn More
Child Therapy Services
Child therapy offers children, who have experienced loss and/or trauma, an opportunity to work through, heal and resolve some of these underlying issues in a safe and therapeutic environment.Learn More